Personalised care is about ensuring people have choice and control over the way their care is planned and delivered, based on what matters to them and their individual strengths and needs.
It recognises the skills and expertise of the person delivering the care and support, as well as the person receiving it, who knows best what matters to them most.
Across Walsall there is a lot of work taking place to ensure personalised care is at the centre of everything we do.
Our aim is to:
- Embed a whole-population approach, joining up services and supporting people of all ages and their carers, to manage their physical and mental health and wellbeing and build community resilience
- Deliver a proactive offer of integrated support to people with long-term physical and mental health conditions to build knowledge, skills and confidence to live well with their health conditions
- Empower people with more complex needs to have greater choice and control over the care they receive and make informed decisions based on what matters to them and their individual strengths, needs and preferences
- Work collaboratively across the partnership to achieve the best health and wellbeing person centred outcomes for the people of Walsall and reduce the number of people experiencing health inequalities
- Join together the various health and care strengths based and personalisation approaches in Walsall and implement a single personalised care approach for the partnership
- Defining what personalised care means for communities and ensuring this is the golden thread across the partnership
- Embedding the existing personalised care working group as a sub group of the resilient communities programme to support with specific pieces of work
The images below represent the underlying prinicples the partnetrship are proposing to adopt.