Focusing on early intervention and prevention rather than treatment, the purpose of the Resilient Communities workstream is to find ways to support people and our communities, to live independently and have active, healthy and thriving lives.
We look at how we can equip communities with the necessary tools to remove barriers to access, build trust and create opportunities to shape services that better meets the needs of those communities.
We seek to reduce health inequalities, acknowledging the need to address the wider determinants of health such as housing, education, employment and transport, that have a bigger impact on people’s health than healthcare alone.
Made up of the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector including One Walsall and Walsall Community Networks, whg, Primary Care Networks and Walsall Council.
Our aim is to:
- Increase the uptake/engagement in existing provision with a clear focus on reducing health inequalities.
- Increase social capacity and resilience, reducing reliance on statutory services.
- Reduce loneliness and social isolation.
- Focus on connecting the existing services to people and each other using a strengths-based approach.
- Connecting professionals to community resources and creating sustainable connections.
How we’re doing this: