Diabetes is one of the key areas where health inequalities are impacting on the people of Walsall.
Recommendations from Healthwatch engagement exercise around diabetes included:
- To set up diabetes support groups (to include education and self-management)
- Improved links to talking therapies around long term conditions.
- Improved connections with diverse communities
- Improved consistency and “management” by GPs
- Improved communication around early intervention and pre-diabetic support
Work is currently underway to understand and further develop the diabetes pathways for adults with a focus on prevention and supporting them to manage their diabetes to reduce the risk of long term complications.