Hundreds of beautiful rocks are being hidden across parks in Walsall, between Saturday 11 June to Sunday 19 June, for people to find.
They have all be hand decorated by children, young people and adults across Walsall, to help spread a little bit of kindness, and get people out and about enjoying the fresh air and lovely green spaces.
The rules of the Kindness Rocks Hunt are simple – walk around the park, find them, enjoy them and re-hide them for others to enjoy.
Where you will find the rocks:
- Walsall Arboretum - Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS4 2BU
- King George Park Bloxwich - Stafford Road, Bloxwich, Walsall, WS3 3NJ
- Victoria Park Darlaston - Victoria Road, Darlaston, Wednesbury WS10 8AB
- Palfrey Park Walsall - Dale Street, Palfrey, WS1 4AN
- Pelsall Common - Church Road, Pelsall, WS3 4EN
- Brownhills Common - The Parade, Brownhills, Walsall WS8 7NG
Why not tag us on Facebook or Twitter @WalsallTogether using the #KindnessRocksWalsall – we would love to see what rocks you found and the smile on your face!
*A little request if we may - please don't re-hide the rocks in the middle of open grass spaces – the lawn mowers don’t like them as much as we do!
Loneliness and Isolation Awareness Week
During this week it is also Loneliness and Isolation Awareness Week.
Loneliness is something that can affect us all, young or old, at any point in our lives and we all experience feeling lonely in different ways.
There is no one way to deal with loneliness and isolation, but there are lots of different things that you can and do help yourself, or someone around you:
- Try talking about your feelings to a friend, family member or professional
- Consider joining a group or class that focuses on something you enjoy
- Consider visiting places where you can just be around other people – for example, a park, the cinema or a cafe
There is lots of support out there to help too – you don’t have to do it alone:
Helping you get back on your feet - the Health and Wellbeing team at whg support customers, who may be feeling lonely or isolated, on a one-to-one basis. Find out more here: www.whg.uk.com/health-and-wellbeing
Making Connections Walsall - tackles loneliness and social isolation and offers one-to-one support to help people engage in community activities and build social networks. To find out more call 0121 380 6690 or email MCW@walsall.gov.uk
Let's Talk Service – offers a range of support services to help people interact with others such as one-to-one support, group sessions or events such as walks or coffee mornings. For more information call 07909 213 184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org